Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Something Fun For Coffee Lovers!

I don't have a lot of time today as I am getting ready for my huge blowout of a yard sale. But here is my project from this week and a nice mother's day gift for my mom! And my first official quilted fun:)


I made a coffee corset cozy! I took the scraps of my previous project (magnet and cork board covers) and a template I found online (you can also use a Starbucks paper one). You can even use a fat quarter if you don't have any scraps. You will also need some sort of batting or backing to stiffen the fabric.


1. Using the coffee cozy template cut 3 pieces 1 out of the batting 2 out of the fabric of your choice


2. Pin all three layers together: batting on the bottom, outside fabric in the middle right side up, and fabric lining on the top with the right side down.



3. Sew all the way around leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance and an opening for turning.



4. Trim seams to a 1/4" except at opening.


5. for the corset look trim ends about an 1 1/2" from each side sew the ends together


6. turn the right side out and sew the whole closed by doing top stitching all the way around.


7. get some ribbon and lace like a shoe with the bow at the top.




here is a template for this:



A happy day is a crafty day!!
Kate




















3 comments:

Orchardviewcottage said...

Hey Kate... Love these, I have made them myself and they are so easy and fun!! Great Christmas gifts, too!! If you're posting regularly now, go to my blog and click the link for The secret is in the sauce(top blog button)It's a great way to network and get regular blog readers!! Keep up the good work!! :)

Orchardviewcottage said...

Oh yeah, if you want any Close to My heart stuff, just email me whenever and I can mail you an order.... I have the new idea books here if you want me to send you one.. I just got an order of the new stuff and will be scrapping this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

how cute!!! I love coffee cozies!