Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What the heck...

So, I know it has been a while since I really did my last update. But I have been busy, with what I am not sure but nonetheless busy.

I have been scrapbooking and being crafty in other ways. anyway, I was at Joann's and Micheal's the other day getting some supplies for my crop that I was having at my house and I saw this new toy/tool. I thought it was interesting and wondered what does it actually do and is it really worth the $300 price tag?

For those that don't really follow all the new trends on gadgets and gizmo's out in the craft world, there is the coolest new cutting system in the world the "Cricut". this is a personal cutting system where instead of having to cut out the letters one at a time like with the sizzix you cut out the entire word, phrase, or number all at the same time. There are different cartridges with fonts and pictures of cool stuff...

Now on to the "Gypsy" which is a hand held designer of such. I am not sure what this would be good for. I guess you take it places and design stuff to cut out with your cricut. But, I don't know about some when I use my cricut I am usually always just working on a project and have no need to create things when I can't see my project. I don't know let me know what you all think of the new toy from Provo Crafts.
I guess if it was a design software for your layouts of layout ideas then I guess I would consider buying that but at $300 bucks, the buck stops here and I won't be buying it...
Happy crafting!!

1 comment:

This N That said...

I haven't had a chance to play with the gypsy yet at JoAnn. (usually have my almost 3 year old with me...) From what I can tell, I am with you. I fail to see the product as worthy of a price tag that high. I, personally, won't be getting it. I mean, for goodness sake. The personal cutter is the SAME price? Hello??